Monday, March 3, 2014

FXB-end of week 7...and then some!

We are three weeks out from the end of the competition.  I cannot believe how quickly it's gone!  And yes, I realize I've been saying this for the past few weeks.  The thought of working out puts some people off--I was one of them until I found FXB.  It's the only program I've loved and see myself continuing indefinitely.

That being said, I have to make a few adjustments in how I've been participating in this program.  Dan encourages a free day allowing us to eat whatever we want.  He says it tricks our metabolism and keeps it stoked.  I have been taking this a bit too far.  For instance, yesterday I made jalapeno and sausage mac 'n cheese as well as a dulce de leche banana cream pie.  Both are insanely good, but I certainly do not need that much temptation in my home.  I have resolved to make my free day a day that I treat myself to whatever I want as long as it's only one meal's worth.  No leftovers means no temptations during the week!

On Saturday, Dan handed out cash prizes to former 10-weekers that participated in a challenge.  Several people won $75, Karen won $220 and Stacy took home the grand prize of $500!  It was motivating to hear some of their numbers and to be able to witness the payoff.  We're going to be allowed to participate in the next challenge.  We put $40 in the pot and our goal is to lose 3% of our body weight in a month.  Those who succeed split the pot.

Eva and I got together for coffee last week and in our talks, she's decided to give me her bicycle.  In a nut shell, she's moving and I was talking about buying a bike and riding back and forth to FXB.  She was undecided about taking her bike, etc., etc., etc.

Hamilton and I were talking yesterday about going back to Estes Park for his birthday.  He decided he wanted to take a road trip to Santa Fe instead, so we're going and our friend, Bertha, is coming along!  It's going to be such a great trip!  I've already booked our hotel room, and now we just have to research some things we want to do while we're there.

Howard and I chatted via text yesterday.  He's doing well and is liking his new apartment.  He's on SSDI, so he is unable to work, but is receiving benefits.  He goes to the doctor this month regarding his pain and he said they may be talking surgery.  I had no idea it was this bad!

Grandma is doing great!  She sounds as spunky as ever when I call, and that reassures me that she's feeling well.

I guess that's all for now.  FXB week 8, here I come!!!

1 comment:

athena said...

Wooooooot! I love reading your updates - so encouraging. Keep it up, lady!